Information About Flinders Island
Flinders Island, Tasmania just a drop in the ocean at the eastern entrance to Bass Strait, a small dot on the map of Australia but a place like no where else in the world. Car rental gives you the freedom to explore the Island at your own pace and navigate the most scenic routes visit pristine beaches, breathtaking lookouts, enjoy a sunset at dusk or a late night fish for shark. With approx. 400km of road and no public transport, a rental car is desirable to experience everything Flinders Island has to offer. Supplied with each car is a folder full of local information on what to do and what’s open when. We are agents for Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife and can provide your vehicle with a pass for the Island’s National Park Strzelecki upon arrival.find out more about car hire on flinders island
Flinders Island Car Hire Extra Services
We have more than just Cars and Vans for hire.
- car seats (child restraints)
- eskies, deck chairs
- National Park Passes
- Flinders Island Travel Guides
- Flinders Island Clean Green Airport Shuttle service
Visit Flinders Island
- Organize transport or flights to Flinders Island early. Fly to Flinders Island with Sharp Airlines from Launceston, Tasmania or Essendon, Victoria. Charter a plane from other locations within Australia.
- Book a hire car or mini bus from FICR or organize transport around the Island. If bringing your Bicycle or Mountain bike by air, freight it over a couple of days before your arrival if possible. A Four Wheel Drive is not available to hire from Flinders Island Car Rentals and not required to get around the island and see all the attractions.
- Download a map of Flinders Island, locate possible accommodation venues and restaurants.
- Choose Accommodation on Flinders Island that provides characteristics you desire like sea views, close to shops and restaurants, internet access, short distance from beaches, cooking facilities or seclusion.
- Schedule activities like guided walks, 4WD tour, fishing or diving charter, scenic flight, Killiecrankie diamond fossicking or hunting tours.
- Contact Real Estate agents at Roberts or Elders to view property during your visit to Flinders Island.
- Check the local business opening hours to see what's open on the day you arrive, organize groceries in advance from Walkers Supermarket or Lady Barron Store or book your first evening meal at the Furneaux Tavern, Interstate Hotel or Mountain Seas.
- Mobile Phone reception on Flinders Island is provided by the Telstra Next G network, if you require a compatible phone hire one from us.
- Download the Flinders Island opening hours brochure